Davis-Standard will promote its global equipment platform at Plastprintpack in Lagos, Nigeria (tradeshow postponed, date to follow) at booth H.04, hall 1. Davis-Standard’s sales representative, Dr. Anye Chifen, the managing director of ENGICCS, will be available to discuss technology and provide information for cast film, extrusion coating, liquid coating, blown film and aftermarket services. Dr. Chifen will give a presentation on converting technologies, “Functions and Applications for Flexible Packaging Laminates
” (bags and pouches, barrier, extended shelf-life, laminates, lidding films, and non-food) on March 26 at 10:45 a.m.
Davis-Standard’s global equipment platform includes:
– Davis-Standard’s ability to service equipment for nearly every extrusion and converting application, including non-Davis-Standard brands, is one of the company’s greatest advantages. This includes an extensive spare parts inventory, timely 24/7-customer service, global technical capabilities, and rebuild and retrofit services.
– Davis-Standard offers a stretch film line that redefines modular efficiency for high-grade film operations. This technology is the new standard for stretch film line configurations. Advantages include a compact machine arrangement, ease of operation and servicing, excellent profile control, consistent roll quality and an intuitive control package. The system is engineered for producing thin films from 7.8 microns to 13 microns (31-to 51-gauge) at high speeds.
– Davis-Standard’s side-by-side DS S3 winder enables maximum slit widths for hand-wrap, machine-wrap and jumbo rolls. All rolls are discharged on the downstream end of the winder and are conveyed to a common side of the line to simplify roll packing and future automation. There is an auxiliary lay-on roll to eliminate top-wind waste during transfer, optimizing roll quality and eliminating outer wrap transfer waste. There is a 30-second cycle time regardless of the number of slit widths, ideal for hand-wrap products. Specific to CPP films, Davis-Standard offers the horizontal ironing roll winder. This winder has an adjustable ironing roll which allows the converter to control the amount of air introduced into the winding roll, substantially reducing “tin canning,” a common issue when running CPP. Horizontal Winder tailored design for best-in-class-speed for thin gauge structures. Technology for inline slitting enabling reduced waste and operational automation. Davis-Standard’s recent acquisition of Deacro has augmented these equipment options with high-performance slitting, rewinding and roll handling equipment for the converting process of paper, film and foil materials.
– Davis-Standard addresses basic applications all the way up to high-speed, complex requirements. Systems are engineered for everything from high-quality flexible packaging, thermal lamination and stand-up pouches, to lidding, tube, and aseptic films. Specifications can be customized based on market requirements and investment plans.
The Davis-Standard’s dsX flex-pack™ system provides converters and package printers with a high-value, competitively-priced package. An adaptable machine configuration gives processors the flexibility to compete in a variety of emerging application markets including salted snack and noodle bags, toothpaste tubes, personal care products, condiment packs and stand-up pouches. Production benefits include product consistency, excellent bonding strength, greater uptime and productivity, and reduced waste and production costs. The economic benefit of these 1,500 fpm (450 mpm) machines is enabling many regional converters to distinguish themselves from the competition. Davis Standard is the Global standard for Aseptic lines with the highest production speed and process efficiency, tailored of line components for your needs and structure, including waste reduction with inline recycling system and energy savings with energy-efficient heater design- EEACEH. Greater uptime – quick recipe change with high automation grade and easy maintenance.
– Davis-Standard’s curtain slide coater and five-roll silicone coater combine versatility with performance. The curtain slide coater applies single layer coatings at rates up to 2800 fpm (853 mpm) with expansion capabilities up to two additional layers. The five-roll silicone coater is capable of applying 100 percent silicone at rates up to 2400 fpm (732 mpm). This coater is constructed of stainless steel for ease of cleanup and includes a mist removal system. Davis-Standard supports liquid coating for slow or high-speed applications, cleanroom environments, film or paper substrates, ultra-thin and ultra-thick coatings, and precision coating and drying.
– Davis-Standard supplies extrusion systems for applications in high-barrier food packaging, agricultural films, geomembrane, stretch film, printing and laminating films, flexible packaging, collation shrink films and stretch hooders. For films that require enhanced clarity and flexibility, Davis-Standard offers the Aquafrost®
water-quench system. Other options include industry-leading Vector®
air rings, DSB®
feedscrew designs, and Streamlined Coextrusion Die (SCD®
), Optiflow and Vertex dies, each designed to process specific films. Davis-Standard also supplies downstream and terminal equipment as well as MDO’s, oscillating haul offs, and winders to optimize web handling and output goals. These solutions can accommodate standard applications as well as complex substrates and structures requiring precise tension control to ensure quality while minimizing waste. Automation options are available to reduce cycle time and augment benefits from increased outputs.
For more information about Plastprintpack, visit www.ppp-nigeria.com
; ENGICCS, visit www.engiccs.com
; and Davis-Standard, visit www.davis-standard.com
Davis-Standard’s DS S3 winder for hand-wrap, machine-wrap and jumbo rolls