Flexible and Customized Extrusion Control Solutions for Every Process
The brain of the extruder drives your operation and smarter process controls make a huge impact on the bottom line. That is why every system in Davis-Standard’s full line of process controls is operator-friendly, efficient and reliable. From discrete to full supervisory control, our control systems are engineered in-house to ensure quality and value.
Davis-Standard’s proven systems do the thinking for you about systems integration, temperature control and process controls.
This innovative control system combines total line control and data monitoring into one multi-functional information center. It is specifically designed for high-level converting processes encompassing cast film, blown film, extrusion coating, solvent and aqueous coating and drying. The features are many!
- Provides access to all machine functions including the temperature controller, PLC, and line drives interfaces
- Supervisory control that integrates all converting machine line components into a single user-friendly operator interface, connecting:
Coaters and dryers
Laminators and cast sections
Water recirculation systems
Resin feed and blenders
- Graphics based, operator-friendly touch-screen interface with the keyboard to see the entire process at a glance
- Line run interlocks and diagnostics clearly identified to help the operator get the line running quicker
- Historical data tracking and alarm event logging help in troubleshooting product quality and uniformity problems, as well as tracking machine performance (Provides the operator with a single location to quickly locate and identify a machine or process problem.)
- Recipe management for a large number of line setup parameters to be stored and reused for quick and easy start-ups and product changeovers
- Process reports and screen prints that allow accurate documentation
- Multiple languages option for access to the language of choice by pressing a button
- System security and system backup keep the equipment up and running
- System networking
- Multiple systems networked on one line
- Multiple lines networked in one plant
- Multiple plants networked around the world
- Data available anywhere.
- Standard PC computer hardware, designed for Microsoft®
Windows® XP and
- Wonderware software engine
- Phone line and/or Internet access
This control system offers a highly functional, easy-to-use, single point control and data center for converting applications. It is also the direct replacement for the Egan CMR system. As with the CMR, it includes a drives control interface, temperature control and gauge control. Advantages of the Integrator include:
Historical data trending
Other upgrades for this system include:
Drives upgrades: For drive systems older than 12 to 15 years we offer:
- A DC drives upgrade with re-use of existing motors.
- New AC drives and motors for greater long-term savings.
Controls Upgrade: For machine lines with PLC’s older than 15 to 20 years we offer:
- PLC upgrades to increase machine performance and minimize downtime.
- More features and functionalities to provide a better control of the process.
The DS5 is Davis-Standard’s secure service support system. It offers comprehensive customer service using a safe and secure high-speed Internet connection. (Note: It is the customer's responsibility to provide the high-speed Internet connection.)
- Faster response time to customer needs
- Faster access time to diagnose and fix problems
- Ability of Davis-Standard service personnel to connect to customer equipment from anywhere in the world
- Safe and secure connection (only authorized users have system access)
- Cost savings by avoiding lengthy downtimes
We offer several options to expand your current controls system. These include:
- Downtime tracking and production monitoring
- Company-wide telephone and messaging system
- Real-time relational database for the factory
- Basic tools to assist in organizing and presenting substantial production data
- Connections to link multiple machines, office computers and plants together
- Capabilities to view real-time production data from any computer, anywhere in the world using a standard Web browser
- Automatic die control system
- Resin feed system with gravimetric capability