Davis-Standard, LLC will promote a variety of industry-leading extrusion and converting technology at booth W6144 during NPE 2015 in Orlando, Florida. Extrusion solutions geared toward energy and cost efficiency, product versatility and maximum productivity will be on display. Davis-Standard’s exhibit includes a running profile line for producing 3D printing rod, direct drive extruder technology, an XP Express® roll stand, aftermarket services and control systems. Davis-Standard personnel will also be promoting the company’s new line of dsX™ high-value equipment for converting and medical applications. Following are highlights:
- Aftermarket capabilities – Davis-Standard has one of the industry’s most extensive menus of feedscrews, spare parts, and rebuilds for controls, gearboxes and extruders. Several feedscrew designs along with a CMR controls upgrade and a rebuilt Thermatic® extruder will show the advantages of these capabilities.
- A running profile rod line for 3D printing – In sync with NPE’s focus on 3D technology, Davis-Standard’s line will produce ABS 3D printer rod. The rod will then be used to show how 3D printing is gaining traction as a quick and inexpensive way to make prototypes.
- Direct drive extruder with energy efficient technology – Direct drive technology uses a permanent magnet synchronous motor and an energy efficient heater and screw design. Davis-Standard will demonstrate how this results in operational efficiency.
- MEDD extruder with DS-eVue controls – This compact extruder for medical tubing features a direct drive motor, linear movement, replaceable feed section liner, and interchangeable barrel assemblies. It will be shown with the DS-eVue Windows-based® mid-range controller.
- Super Blue® Extruder – As Davis-Standard’s most popular extruder model, the Super Blue illustrates benefits of a fast delivery, affordability, a rugged design and energy efficiency.
- XP Express® PS Series roll stand – This roll stand model is built for the packaging industry. It incorporates proven technical features for direct extrusion, in-line thermoforming, or the production of roll stock for subsequent off-line thermoforming.
- Ram stuffer feed section assembly – The ram stuffer feed section will be shown at the ADG Solutions booth, # W6754. This assembly is ideal for processing irregular shaped feedstock to be processed at high output rates.
- dsX™ technology – This new product line for blown film, cast film, extrusion coating and medical tubing applications offers cost-effective, highly engineered packages supported by regional engineering and service teams.
- EPIC III™, Integrator PRO and DS-tablet – Davis-Standard offers user-friendly control systems for every extrusion and converting process and budget.
In addition, Davis-Standard will have computerized demonstrations, product samples representing all product lines, and a corporate capabilities video. For more information prior to the show, visit www.davis-standard.com.