Flexible and Customized Extrusion Control Solutions for Every Process
The brain of the extruder drives your operation and smarter process controls make a huge impact on the bottom line. That is why every system in Davis-Standard’s full line of process controls is operator-friendly, efficient and reliable. From discrete to full supervisory control, our control systems are engineered in-house to ensure quality and value.
Davis-Standard’s proven systems do the thinking for you about systems integration, temperature control and process controls.
How can we help you?
This innovative control system combines total line control and data monitoring into one multi-functional information center. It is specifically designed for high-level converting processes encompassing cast film, blown film, extrusion coating, solvent and aqueous coating and drying. The features are many!
- Provides access to all machine functions including the temperature controller, PLC, and line drives interfaces
- Supervisory control that integrates all converting machine line components
- into a single user-friendly operator interface, connecting:
Coaters and dryers
Laminators and cast sections
Water recirculation systems
Resin feed and blenders
- Graphics based, operator-friendly touch-screen interface with keyboard to see the entire process at a glance
- Line run interlocks and diagnostics clearly identified to help the operator get the line running quicker
- Historical data tracking and alarm event logging help in troubleshooting product quality and uniformity problems, as well as tracking machine performance (Provides the operator with a single location to quickly locate and identify a machine or process problem.)
- Recipe management for a large number of line setup parameters to be stored and reused for quick and easy start-ups and product changeovers
- Process reports and screen prints that allow the accurate documentation
- Multiple languages option for access to the language of choice by pressing a button
- System security and system backup keep the equipment up and running
- System networking
- Multiple systems networked on one line
- Multiple lines networked in one plant
- Multiple plants networked around the world
- Data available anywhere.
- Standard PC computer hardware, designed for Microsoft®
Windows® XP and
- Wonderware software engine
- Phone line and/or Internet access
This control system offers a highly functional, easy-to-use, single point control and data center for converting applications. It is also the direct replacement for the Egan CMR system. As with the CMR, it includes a drives control interface, temperature control and gauge control. Advantages of the Integrator include:
Historical data trending
Other upgrades for this system include:
Drives upgrades: For drive systems older than 12 to 15 years we offer:
- A DC drives upgrade with re-use of existing motors.
- New AC drives and motors for greater long-term savings.
Controls Upgrade: For machine lines with PLC’s older than 15 to 20 years we offer:
- PLC upgrades to increase machine performance and minimize downtime.
- More features and functionalities to provide a better control of the process.
The DS5 is Davis-Standard’s secure service support system. It offers comprehensive customer service using a safe and secure high-speed Internet connection. (Note: It is the customer's responsibility to provide the high-speed Internet connection.)
- Faster response time to customer needs
- Faster access time to diagnose and fix problems
- Ability of Davis-Standard service personnel to connect to customer equipment from anywhere in the world
- Safe and secure connection (only authorized users have system access)
- Cost savings by avoiding lengthy downtimes
We offer several options to expand your current controls system. These include:
- Downtime tracking and production monitoring
- Company-wide telephone and messaging system
- Real-time relational database for the factory
- Basic tools to assist in organizing and presenting substantial production data
- Connections to link multiple machines, office computers and plants together
- Capabilities to view real-time production data from any computer, anywhere in the world using a standard Web browser
- Automatic die control system
- Resin feed system with gravimetric capability