Spare and Replacement Parts
Lost production means lost profit. That’s why our global spare parts service is organized to ensure the right part is delivered as quickly as possible. Our spare parts team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help identify and secure parts for your equipment. We support all Davis-Standard equipment brands, regardless of age. We keep equipment records in accessible online files and maintain a significant parts inventory to address requests quickly and accurately. We also offer an online spare parts system to provide another option for addressing time-sensitive parts issues.
If you are making a new inquiry it is helpful, but not necessary, to have the following information:
- Shop order number or
- Part number and/or name
In addition to company purchase orders, Davis-Standard accepts:
- American Express
- in addition to company purchase orders
Davis-Standard’s global offering of equipment upgrades, spare parts and service provide optimum performance for your extrusion equipment. By listening to customers and observing market trends, we offer access to the latest aftermarket equipment and extruder refurbishing services.
Whether you need to add new capabilities or upgrade existing equipment, Davis-Standard offers spare parts and modernization packages to support cost-effective results with a fast turnaround. These include current drives and controls as well as a menu of services to keep production efficiency a priority.
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our service technicians are experts at addressing extruder parts inquiries and solving emergency service issues. Find a service location near you.
How can we help you?
- Die and Head Upgrades– We supply die and head upgrades for a variety of processes including crossheads for the wire and cable industry, in-line spiral dies for the pipe industry, and medical dies. Each head is engineered and manufactured by Davis-Standard to meet your process requirement.
- Feedscrew Services for Replacement and Rebuilding– Our feedscrews range from 1/2 inch (20mm) to 12 inches (305mm) in diameter with various L/D. Our screw designs are recognized worldwide for superior performance and mixing qualities. For feedscrew rebuilds, we engineer the screw back to its original performance characteristics. We also polish and chrome plate our screws to accommodate food-grade PVC polishing, or hard chrome for industrial requirements.
- Gearcase Retrofit Package– We offer a complete gearcase retrofits to ensure your line maintains optimal processing efficiency and high outputs.
- Process Control Upgrades– Our process control upgrades and replacements include everything from discrete temperature control heat panels to full-featured EPIC™ control systems. Most panel replacements take less than a day.
- L/D Conversions– A longer L/D adds versatility to expand capabilities. We have a variety of conversion packages to cost-effectively upgrade the L/D of an existing extruder.
- Air-to-Water Conversion Packages– Water-cooled extruder conversions offer better temperature control than air-cooling when ambient temperature has no effect on the process. These packages are available for extruders from 1 ½-inch to 6 inches (40 to 150mm).
- Internal Diameter Increase (IDI) Conversion– Increasing the extruder’s diameter can increase production capacity. For IDI conversions, our technicians replace the barrel, feed section, screw and breaker plate at your plant. Everything else remains the same.
- Total Line Upgrades– When a full upgrade is needed – extruder through downstream equipment – we have the capabilities to provide a complete overhaul with a short turnaround. We will dismantle and rebuild your entire system at one of our facilities. We then test all components to ensure smooth installation.